The Cleveland Orchestra, Christoph von Dohnanyi – Dvorak/ Smetana (1986/1995) [Reissue 2005] SACD ISO
The Cleveland Orchestra, Christoph von Dohnányi – Dvořák / Smetana (1986/1995) [Reissue 2005]
PS3 Rip | SACD ISO | DST64 5.1 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 77:47 minutes | All Scans included | 4,18 GB
Warning: Features Multichannel surround sound ONLY | Label: Decca / Eloquence # 476 782-6
Christoph von Dohnányi is recognized as one of the world’s most distinguished conductors. Von Dohnányi served as sixth music director of the Cleveland Orchestra from 1984 to 2002, having been appointed music director designate in 1982. He conducted the orchestra in subscription concerts, in semi-staged concert version opera performances at Severance Hall, and on domestic and international tours to Asia and Europe. He initiated a project conducting world premieres of composers from the Cleveland area. The renovation and the extension of Severance Hall, the founding of the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra and Youth Chorus were significant achievements during his era as music director. He recorded numerous works with the Cleveland Orchestra: CD releases by Decca feature wide ranging repertoire with works by Mozart, Mahler, Bruckner, Dvorak, Strauss, Ives, Varese, Bartok, Adams, Ruggles, Webern, Ran, Shostakovich and all Schumann symphonies. A compilation of all Beethoven symphonies was recorded by Telarc, and a collection of all Brahms symphonies by Teldec. Live radio broadcast recordings were released by the Cleveland Orchestra, one set in celebration of the orchestra’s 75th anniversary and one commemorative box upon finishing his tenure in Cleveland representing his 20 years as music director. In 2002, he was named the first music director laureate of the Cleveland Orchestra. Since ending his tenure in Cleveland, von Dohnányi has been a regular guest conductor with the Boston Symphony, New York Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, Pittsburgh Symphony, Chicago Symphony and Los Angeles Philharmonic, as well as the Cleveland Orchestra.
01. Antonín Dvořák: Symphonie Nr. 9 E-moll Op. 95 “Aus Der Neuen Welt”: I. Adagio – Allegro molto
02. Antonín Dvořák: Symphonie Nr. 9 E-moll Op. 95 “Aus Der Neuen Welt”: II. Largo
03. Antonín Dvořák: Symphonie Nr. 9 E-moll Op. 95 “Aus Der Neuen Welt”: III. Scherzo. Molto vivace
04. Antonín Dvořák: Symphonie Nr. 9 E-moll Op. 95 “Aus Der Neuen Welt”: IV. Allegro con fuoco
05. Antonín Dvořák: Scherzo capriccioso op.66
06. Bedřich Smetana: “Die Moldau”
07. Bedřich Smetana: “Die Verkaufte Braut”: I. Polka]08. Bedřich Smetana: “Die Verkaufte Braut”: II. Furiant
09. Bedřich Smetana: “Die Verkaufte Braut”: III. Tanz der Komцdianten
Tracks “1-5” Recorded in 1986
Tracks “6-9” Recorded in 1995
Mastered by Götz-Michael Rieth.