Sir Simon Rattle & London Symphony Orchestra – Haydn: An Imaginary Orchestral Journey (2018) [Official Digital Download 24bit/192kHz]
Sir Simon Rattle & London Symphony Orchestra – Haydn: An Imaginary Orchestral Journey (2018)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 51:22 minutes | 1,42 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Booklet, Front Cover | © LSO Live
Sir Simon Rattle pays homage to a composer he holds close to his heart with An Imaginary Orchestral Journey through the music of Joseph Haydn. Rattle trawls through the great composer’s impressive catalogue, piecing together excerpts from symphonies, oratorios and operas spanning a 40-year period in what the director describes as ‘a kind of greatest hits’ format.
“The idea is to make a musical journey through all that is quirky and extraordinary, humorous and profound in Haydn,” the LSO’s Music Director explains. Sir Simon’s focus is on Haydn as innovator, showcasing his most forward-looking and outlandish works in 50 minutes of uninterrupted performance.
What results from Sir Simon’s pasticcio is a clear image of the composer he sees to best represent the ideals of the Enlightenment, his selection meticulously arranged to best demonstrate Haydn’s intelligence, wit and thoughtfulness.
Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
01. I. Introduction. Representation of Chaos. Largo (From The Creation, Hob.XXI.2) (05:58)
02. II. The Earthquake. Presto e con tutta la forza (From The Seven Last Words of our Saviour on the Cross, Hob.XX.1) (01:34)
03. IIIa. Sinfonia. Largo – Vivace assai (From L’isola disabitata, Hob.Ia.13 (03:59)
04. IIIb. Sinfonia. Allegretto – Vivace (From L’isola disabitata, Hob.Ia.13 (02:22)
05. IV. Largo (From Symphony No. 64 in A Major, Hob.I.64) (06:07)
06. V. Minuet & Trio (From Symphony No. 6 in D Major, Hob.I.6) (04:10)
07. VI. Finale. Presto (From Symphony No. 46 in B Major, Hob.I.46) (04:10)
08. VII. Finale. Prestissimo (From Symphony No. 60 in C Major, Hob.I.60) (01:29)
09. VIII. Introduction to Winter (Original version) (From The Seasons, Hob.XXI.3) (04:10)
10. IXa. Finale. Presto (From Symphony No. 45 in F-Sharp Minor, Hob.I.45 (02:58)
11. IXb. Finale. Adagio (From Symphony No. 45 in F-Sharp Minor, Hob.I.45) (04:08)
12. X. Music for Musical Clocks (From Flotenuhrstucke, Hob.XIX.1-32) (02:24)
13. XI. Finale. Allegro assai (From Symphony No. 90 in C Major, Hob.I.90) (07:53)
London Symphony Orchestra
Simon Rattle, conductor